Auto-renewals on Bank of Scotland travel insurance could be costing you significant extra money every year.
Rightly Save helps you never miss an insurance renewal so you can get organised and search for a better deal. It’s automatic, quick, simple and free.
Use Rightly Save to save time, save stress and save money.
How Rightly Save works
Sign in with an email address Bank of Scotland will recognise and we’ll do the rest.
How it works
This is a beta version of our new service. In just a few clicks we’ll help you find all your insurance policies.
A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING
See your list of policies organised all in one place where you’ll be able to see the renewal date for each policy.
Set up reminders so you never miss another renewal date and have time to find a better deal.
Is Bank of Scotland travel insurance renewal automatic?
Whether or not travel insurance renews automatically depends on the specific policy you have. Some insurance providers will automatically renew your travel insurance policy on the renewal date, provided that you’ve set up automatic payment or have paid your premium by the due date. But if that happens, it can mean you simply pay more every year and miss out on the opportunity to find a better deal.
Some policies may require you to manually renew your coverage each year. Also, if there have been any changes to your policy, such as a change in coverage, you may need to review and update your policy before it can be renewed.
How can I prevent my Bank of Scotland travel insurance renewing automatically?
If you’d like to prevent your travel insurance from renewing automatically, contact Bank of Scotland before the renewal date and request that they cancel the automatic renewal. This will typically involve sending a written request by email or making a phone call to the customer service department.
It's important to note that if you cancel your travel insurance policy, you’ll need to obtain new insurance coverage. So, if you decide not to renew your current policy, you should make sure to purchase new coverage before your current policy expires.
Why should you prevent Bank of Scotland travel insurance from renewing automatically?
Insurance companies often rely on people allowing automatic renewals of insurance policies to roll them over, with no offer of a better price. Usually just an increase on the previous year. So you might want to consider not allowing automatic renewals so you have a chance to switch to a better policy instead of continuing with the current one.
It's important to regularly review your travel insurance policy to make sure you have the coverage you need at a price that makes sense for your budget. If you're unsure about whether or not to renew your policy automatically, it's a good idea to contact your insurance provider and discuss your options.
Why use Rightly?
Lots of reasons, beating finance apps or just doing it yourself. Rightly Save helps you organise your renewals more effectively than finance apps so you can go after better deals in good time. It’s better than trying to do it all yourself too.
Accurate renewal dates
On time renewal reminders
Reminders from one place
No bank account connection required
Our privacy promise
We take great care to make sure your data is safe and never compromised.
We're verified by Google and ISO27001 certified for best practice in data protection. And we're registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Our system only looks for emails from insurers
- You can remove the permissions at any time
- No emails are kept and policy results are encrypted
About Bank of Scotland
Bank of Scotland is a prominent retail and commercial bank in the United Kingdom. It’s a subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group, one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the UK.
Regarding insurance, the Bank of Scotland offers various insurance products to its customers. These insurance offerings typically include:
- Home Insurance: This type of insurance covers your home and its contents against risks such as fire, theft, flood, and other damages. It provides financial protection in case of unexpected events that may cause damage to your property or belongings
- Car Insurance: Bank of Scotland provides car insurance policies to protect your vehicle against accidents, theft, and other incidents on the road. It may also include coverage for third-party liabilities
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance from Bank of Scotland covers individuals or families travelling domestically or internationally. It offers protection against unexpected events during the trip, such as medical emergencies, trip cancellations, lost baggage, and more
- Life Insurance: Life insurance policies offered by the bank provide financial security to your loved ones in the event of your untimely demise. It pays out a lump sum or regular payments to beneficiaries to help them cope with the financial impact of your loss
- Pet Insurance: Bank of Scotland might also provide insurance plans to protect your pets' health and well-being. These policies can cover veterinary expenses in case of accidents or illnesses.