QA Engineer role
Rightly is a rapidly growing, early-stage start up that empowers people to take control of their data. We're looking for a Data Analyst to join our team and help drive our next phase of growth. This is a remote role, but there will be a requirement to attend meetings in London on occasion.
What we do
Rightly’s mission is to make data fairer, for everyone. We believe that what happens to your data should be up to you; it’s your data after all. Our platform makes sure that people are in control of their data and gives them the tools to keep it that way. We are driven by making data better; we have integrity and we are accountable.
Reporting directly to the CTO, as the successful candidate, you’ll be working with modern web development technologies to both improve existing services and develop new ones. You’ll be joining a vibrant, fast-moving organisation where your ability to find issues in software will be welcomed and where you can use your talents to have a real impact.
If you want to work on a product that wants to make our world a better and be part of a world-class team while you’re at it, then we want to hear from you!
- Working with Product Management to define acceptance criteria for new features
- Manual validation of new feature development and bug fixes
- Ensuring that our test automation covers all relevant scenarios (positive and negative)
- Providing support to the rest of the team
- Working with the rest of the development team to identify the best ways to implement new features
- Review and identify issues with designs and story definitions at an early stage
- Reporting on progress/issues/solutions
- Act as an advocate for the users of our service
- Supporting the production service
Qualifications, skills and experience required
We are more interested in the individual, but we anticipate the ideal candidate would have the following:
- A self-starter with a high level of personal motivation who values getting things done
- A team player able to collaborate with the wider organisation in pursuit of our goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation and with customers
- Fluent idiomatic written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail – able to pick out small inconsistencies quickly and reliably
- Ability to clearly communicate what is wrong and why it is wrong
- A track record of identifying and reproducing difficult bugs that others have missed
- Experience as a software tester in a commercial environment
- Experience as testing web software in a commercial environment
- Experience working with software in a cloud environment
- Experience following Agile software development processes (Kanban/Scrum)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly innovative, able to provide ideas and use their initiative
- Some experience with a form of test automation a nice-to-have
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours to suit you
- 25 days paid annual holiday in addition to 8 paid public holidays
- A company pension scheme
- Your choice of laptop or Mac
- The opportunity to earn a bonus or additional paid holiday through our Employee Referral Programme
How to apply
Send your CV to and details of your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fine print
Please note that all roles will be subject to a basic DBS check. Rightly complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
Rightly is committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and selects and promotes people solely according to their individual abilities and merits.